10 DIY Statement Necklaces for Spring
by Becky Striepe
I don't wear a ton of jewelry, but I do love adding a chunky necklace to pull my outfits together. The right necklace can turn even a t-shirt and jeans into a fashion statement. Bust your stash of beads and chain with these fun tutorials for statement necklaces!
1. Neon Rows - Lotts and Lots made this bright, eye-catching necklace with rows of beads and plenty of neon goodness.
2. Bean Necklace - Yep! This lovely piece from High on DIY uses beans instead of beads!
3. Rhinestone Necklace - This Design Sponge tutorial calls for store-bought rhinestones, but you can also take apart a piece of vintage costume jewelry and salvage that bling on the cheap.
4. Braided Rope Necklace - The secret to A Beautiful Mess's sweet, chunky piece of neckwear? Parachute cord!
5. Multi-Necklace Statement Necklace - Instead of using new strands of beads for this tute from Restyle, Restore, Rejoice, hit the thrift store for vintage necklaces to string together. You'll save time and cash.
6. Neon and Lace - Matter of Style shares a great way to use a piece of vintage lace or the lace details left over from a clothing refashion.
7. Utility Rope Statement Necklace - Hit the hardware store for the supplies you need for this unusual piece from Honestly WTF.
8. Finger-Knit Necklace - Grab an old t-shirt and turn it into a stand-out addition to your accessories with this tutorial by Keep on Bobbin Along. Need a tutorial for making t-shirt yarn? Try this one from Releve Design
9. Color Block Necklace - Turn an old collar-style necklace new again with nail polish and this simple color-blocking technique by The Fab Guide.
10. Bobby Pin Necklace - Bobby pins plus ribbon makes a very cute statement necklace in very little time thanks to Miss Kris Turner's instructions. If you want yours to have pops of color, try spray painting your bobby pins or painting them with nail polish. So many possibilities!Full disclosure policy.