Got a baby shower or kid’s birthday party coming up? Free plushie patterns to the rescue! You can stitch up a 100 percent unique gift for your favorite kid.
1. Owl Softie – Are owls still cool? I hope so, because my two-year-old sure thinks that they are. Craft Foxes has a super cute owl pattern that I really want to make for my guy.
2. Whale – For the little Raffi fan in your life – make him his very own Baby Beluga with Craftiness is Not Optional’s free pattern!
3. Seahorse – The seahorse is one of my favorite undersea creatures, and this free pattern from We Lived Happily Ever After is just precious.
4. Blast Off Rocket Ship – What kid doesn’t like to play with rocket ships? Sew Grown’s pattern is so sweet and simple.
5. Ships Ahoi – Sew and the City shows you how to make your own custom pattern for a fleet of plush sailboats.
6. Sock Dragon – Monkeys, schmonkeys! Craft Passion shares her template for sewing up a colorful sock dragon instead!
7. Elephant – Made by Enginerds has a great pattern for making your very own elephant.
8. Giant Loch Ness Monster – This is another great one from We Lived Happily Ever After. Stitch up a Nessie that’s as big as your kid!
9. Zipper Mouth Crocodile – I remember having a stuffie with a working zipper as a kid, and hiding treasures in there was the best. Sew Mama Sew shares this zip-mouthed crocodile stuffie from the book Flip Dolls.
10. Puppy – This plush pup from More Softies Only a Mother Could Love sits up on its hind legs!