Make a knitting loom with stuff from your trash can
Denise from Knitting Without Needles posted this cool tutorial on how to make knitting looms using stuff you'd normally throw away. Instead of throwing away a toilet paper tube and popsicle sticks, knit with them!
Project Estimate for Loom 1:
- Cardboard tube from toilet paper or paper towel roll, FREE
- 4-6 popsicle or craft sticks, FREE (or a pack of them for $1 at the dollar store)
- Ponytail holder or rubber band, FREE
- Tape, on hand
Total cost: FREE (or $1 for about 30 of 'em... if you're making them for a scout troop or classroom!)
Project Estimate for Loom 2:
- Plastic juice or drink mix container, FREE
- Ruler or tape measure, on hand
- Scissors, on hand
- Permanent marker, on hand
- Paper, on hand
Total Cost: FREE
p.s. Apologies to Denise - this post did not have a link to her tutorial for the first few hours it was up on the site. An oversight on my part! My apologies to Denise!
-HeatherFull disclosure policy.