Denise from Knitting Without Needles posted this cool tutorial on how to make knitting looms using stuff you’d normally throw away. Instead of throwing away a toilet paper tube and popsicle sticks, knit with them!
Project Estimate for Loom 1:
- Cardboard tube from toilet paper or paper towel roll, FREE
- 4-6 popsicle or craft sticks, FREE (or a pack of them for $1 at the dollar store)
- Ponytail holder or rubber band, FREE
- Tape, on hand
Total cost: FREE (or $1 for about 30 of ’em… if you’re making them for a scout troop or classroom!)
Project Estimate for Loom 2:
- Plastic juice or drink mix container, FREE
- Ruler or tape measure, on hand
- Scissors, on hand
- Permanent marker, on hand
- Paper, on hand
Total Cost: FREE
p.s. Apologies to Denise – this post did not have a link to her tutorial for the first few hours it was up on the site. An oversight on my part! My apologies to Denise!