Home » $5 and Under, cheap crafts, Headline, Party Crafts, Weddings

Make Designer Decoupaged Candles

18 January 2012 54,942 views 13 Comments

Dollar store craft: Designer decoupaged candles using Vera Bradley napkins and candles from the dollar store

Dress up your plain battery-operated candles with a pretty designer treatment. Over at Crafting Rebellion, The Rebel Crafter decoupaged some pretty Vera Bradley paper napkins to inexpensive dollar store candles - and these candles are flameless, so you can use them forever. [how to make designer decoupaged candles]

As of the writing of this post, paper napkins at Vera Bradley are less than $5 a package, which will make at least 20 candles! This would be a great bridal shower favor. Of course, you can scour the paper goods section at your local dollar store (or even Target), and find cool napkins for $1 and up.

• Battery-operated candle, $1
  • Paper napkins, $1 and up
  • Mod Podge, on hand

Total: $2 and up

• Elysapeth said:

cute idea! I MUST have to try it

• Teresa said:

These are so pretty..where do you get the napkins? My dollar store only has the small tea light size candles though..

• Tara said:

So cute!! What Dollar Store was it that you got these?

@tara, you should be able to find them at Dollar Tree.

• Michelle said:

Tried both of my dollar tree and there website but can’t find them. I am going to keep trying though maybe they are just sold of them.

• Katie said:

WOW these are breath taking… I would have never thought to make something like this! I’ll have to go to my Dollar Tree to see if they have them so I can make some holiday inspired candles!

• Nice Things by Nee-C said:

My local Dollar Tree Stores do not have these candles.- (South Carolina) I think each store orders items that they think will sale at their location.
    Great Idea for gifts or craft fair sale items.

• mishellypooh said:

I can not find the Candles.

I checked Dollar tree

• Michelle said:

I tried my dollar tree and Deals in springfield illinois and they did not have them I went back a week later and they did have them I think they may be selling out of them quick so I would keep checking back.

• Leslie said:

You may want to try Dollar General, I have found them in the candle section at Dollar General.

• Nicole said:

Which style of napkin did she use? The square or the rectangle?

• Odie said:

You can find those candles at “The Christmas Tree Shops”.