Color your Glass Jars: Check out this amazing tutorial for upcycling your stash of old kitchen jars into these pretty colored glasses over at Gingerbread Snowflakes (wow, Pam! This is awesome!)
Oh, and before we get into stash busting stuff, here are a few belated Placemat Projects:
[NurseryLove’s Traveling Placemat]
- Traveling Placemat Tutorial by NurseryLove
- Turn a Placemat into a Boys’ Tool Belt by Molly at The Creative Maven. My sons would love this, and I have placemats in MY stash!
Here are some other cool ideas for busting your stash:
[amazing stashbusting diamond pillow from Sparkle Power!]
- Lookee this awesome Appliqued Diamond Pillow by Candace Todd at Sparkle Power!
- Recycled Clothing Ruffle Skirt Tutorial at Helping Little Hands
- Also at Helping Little Hands: Hand-me-down Rehab series
[Gilded leaf art by Holly at Art Meet Craft]
- Bust Your Yard with Holly at Art Meet Craft, including this sweet Gilded Leaf Art
- Sweet reuse for your excess plastic bags: Fused Plastic Bib at Homemade Mamas [via]
- A whole bunch of dollar store decor ideas from Kristine Mckay Designs – a lot of them are Eastery, still great ideas
- Un-Busted Wind Chimes by Chris at 24 Foot Street
[bust your paper scraps with this pretty Wall Flowers tutorial by Absinthe and Orange]
- Like I just said, check that awesome Wall Flowers tutorial by Absinthe and Orange [via]
- Easy Bulletin Board Decorating Ideas from Wendy at CraftJr
- Happy Housewife Nicole sewed these great linen & ric rack napkins to bust her stash AND cut down on paper napkin waste!
- Pretty orange flower pillow at dogwood & poppy
- Making Something Out of Something by Jan of Hungry Holler at cosa verde
- Interview with elSage (pretty floral accessories) at ScoutieGirl
- 15 Ways to Bust Your Stash (and they’re good ones!) by me at CROQzine
Sweet Swapping Sites to help you lighten your load:
- thredUP: clothes swapping for men & women
- threadUP kids: in beta, but open for swapping your gently-used kids’ clothes – free!
- Paperbackswap: just like it sounds! Swap your paperbacks for free – I love it and use it all the time
- Swap-bot official April Stash Bust craft supplies swap (70 people currently in swap, 115 watching)
- (ongoing) De-stash Along in 2010 at Crafting With Cat Hair
- 24 hour Stash Bust with Leethal – happens tomorrow, but if you can’t do it with such short notice, you can schedule your own crazy marathon
Join UK Handmade in Destashing: Join the group here
Keep on busting! Feel free to send your stashbusting projects and links – comment here with a link and I’ll try to include it in next week’s roundup! (Commenting is better than email… just trust me on that!)
p.s. Busy Beaver Button Co. is sponsoring a giveaway on the Swap-bot blog for 100 custom, 100% recycled paper buttons. It will be open for entry through Earth Day.
Thanks so much for the shout-out. I’m thrilled!
Love all the projects and the links – they are a wonderful, inspiring compliment to my morning coffee :-)
So much stash busting inspiration going on here! I am actually working on projects right now that will qualify as stash busters! Will keep you posted!
And thank you so, so much for posting my spring colored “reuseful” jars! I am using half of them as vases and half as candles right now – this very minute!
Keeps me cheered up in this dark, rainy, cold spring weather!
Thanks for featuring my placemat with some of your other amazing things, I tried the link though and it seems to be broken :( Here is an actual link: http://nurseryloveblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/tuesday-tutorial-travel-placemat.html Thanks again, I just blogged about it with a link to you :)
Thanks for linking to my wind chime project.
(pssst I am so making pretty colored spice jars with modge podge paints thanks for the idea.)
@NurseryLove: thanks for catching that — I fixed it!