Last year after making my “How Candy Corn Was Made” cake [see it here], I had some extra cake batter and frosting leftover. I decided to make a cute little pumpkin patch cake using a tiny bread loaf pan my mother-in-law had as part of a play set when she was little!
- Leftover cake batter, on hand
- Leftover frosting, on hand
- Pretzels, on hand or $1
- Pumpkin candies and candy corn, on hand or $2
Total: Free and up
- Bake a pumpkin cake in a loaf pan (if you have a small one, this works best for this cute little patch!)
- Frost cake with green icing
- Using a small round tip, create “grass” on top of the cake with green icing
- Break small pretzel sticks in half, and put them around the outside of the cake to create the fence
- Place store bought or home-made (mine are home-made) pumpkin candies on top of the grass (NOTE: I melted colored white chocolate in another of the play set pans over hot water. It was a complete experiment, but I think it turned out pretty well! I used frosting for the stems)
- Surround your patch with candy corn
- Take a picture, show others, then eat!