For those of you who love getting good deals on crafting supplies, I want to share a site with you: Craftsy. Craftsy is the fastest growing online community for crafters – with over 500,000 monthly unique visitors, having just launched in May 2011. Craftsy offers great daily deals on craft supplies, as well as a great selection of quality online classes.
Craftsy Daily Deals
To sign up for Craftsy crafting daily deals, click on one of the deals – after signing up you get the full information about the deals offered.
Craftsy users love:
- Over 20,000 projects in their crafting library.
- Terrific online classes from amazing instructors for beginning, intermediate and advanced quilters, knitters, crocheters, sewists, jewelry makers, and other crafters.
- Astonishingly good deals on crafting supplies: organic yarn, lovely fabrics and fat quarters from top designers, high quality needles, etc.
FREE Online Course: 12 part – Quilt Block of the Month
Craftsy is offering a FREE class: Block of the Month, a year-long online class instructed by expert quilter, Amy Gibson. There are 12 installments, each one posted on the first day of every month. At the end of the class, our students will have full-size and one-of-a-kind quilts. Like all of Craftsy’s classes, students can view it whenever it’s convenient for them, and can watch them however many times they’d like. It’s filmed in high-definition, and it’s fully interactive—students can ask Amy questions as they go.
If you can’t make it to your local fabric store or yarn store to take classes, Craftsy seems like a really great way to go. Check out what some of their students say about them:
- Easier than learning in person because you get the proper view point of the work.
- -Sarah T.
- The sheer volume of information & instruction was amazing.
- This is one of the most clever, well-designed online courses I’ve ever seen.
- -Laury W.
Full post disclosure here.