Make hair bows using pretty decorative floral picks you find at the dollar store. This simple craft tutorial will teach you how to make your own hair accessories using decorative floral picks you can buy at the dollar store. I found these cute glittery candy floral picks at the dollar store, so I disassembled them and created some adorable hair accessories for my daughter.
Make Hair Bows Using a Holiday Floral Pick
- 2 Ponytail holders, $1 or on hand
- Christmas candy pick, $1
- Goop Glue, on hand or about $5
- Elmer’s Glue (optional), on hand
- Red Glitter (optional), on hand
- Q-tip, on hand
Project Total: $2
- First remove the foam glitter candy from the pick. This is super easy–just pull them off!
- Next place a small drop of the Goop glue on the metal part of the ponytail holder.
- Next center the foam glitter candy on the metal piece of the ponytail holder.
- Push down and hold for approx. 2-3 min. per pony tail holder.
- Let sit for at least an hour before use. Then place in hair as desired.
- If there is a bare spot on the candy piece where you pulled the pick out, you can fill the spot with a little Elmer’s glue and red glitter. I used Martha Stewart glitter because that is what I had on hand, but any glitter will do the job!