Yesterday I showed you the Peeps Terrarium we came up with during our Peeps-inspired crafternoon. Here’s another quick and super simple idea for edible crafting with Peeps: Peeps Pops featuring Peeps Bunnies in Grass on a stick. Say that five times fast!
- Peeps, $1
- Popsicle sticks or pop sticks, $1 and up
- Shredded coconut, $1 or on hand
- Green food coloring, $1 or on hand
- White chocolate melts or white chocolate chips, about $2 and up
Total: $3 and up
Supplies: You can find Peeps (seasonally) at the dollar store, as well as shredded coconut and food coloring. You can use popsicle sticks or bamboo skewers from the dollar store, or splash out on pop sticks for about $2 a pack (I got mine at Target). The white chocolate chips or melts can be found at a grocery or craft store.
It takes less than five minutes from start to finish to make a bunch of these cute little critters. It’s so quick, in fact, we created a little video to show you just how easy it is to make a Peeps Pop:
How to Make Easter Grass Peeps Pops:
1. Begin by melting white chocolate melts in a bowl in the microwave, according to package directions. Generally, don’t microwave for more than 30 seconds at a time without stirring.
2. Tint coconut green with a few drops of food coloring. Stir until coconut is uniformly tinted.
3. Dip Peep in the melted white chocolate, then dip in the coconut.
4. Insert a stick in the bottom of the Peep and allow the chocolate to harden.