Dream Catchers have been traditionally made by several Native American tribes as an item to help ward off bad dreams and let good dreams come through. Since the dollar store sells readymade dream catchers, you can add some bohemian flair to your dollar store flip-flops with this quick and easy craft: Dream Catcher Flip-Flops.
- A pair of flip-flops, $1
- Dream catchers (2 per package), $1
- Amazing Goop glue or epoxy, on hand or about $4
- Fishing line, on hand or $1
- Needle, on hand
- Scissors, on hand
Total: $2 and up
How to Make Dream Catcher Flip-Flops:
Supplies: You can find already-made dream catchers at the dollar store — there are two per package. We recommend you use Amazing Goop or epoxy for this craft. Hot glue will NOT work.
1. Snip the small dream catcher off of the larger dream catcher. (Save the large one for another craft if you want!)
2. Attach small dream catchers to center of flip-flops with Amazing Goop glue or epoxy. Allow glue to dry for a few minutes.
3. Secure dream catchers to sandals using fishing line and a needle. Wrap and knot the fishing line around the dream catchers in several places to add extra security.
4. Wait until glue is completely dry and cured, according to package instructions.