Welcome to Flip-Flop week here at DollarStoreCrafts.com! This week, our team has come up with a whole bunch of fun ways to alter dollar store flip-flops to make them your own. Since I have three little boys, I wanted to make a pair of flip-flops they would appreciate, so I created Snake Flip-Flops!
- A pair of flip-flops, $1
- A package of plastic snake toys, $1
- Amazing Goop glue or epoxy, on hand or about $4
- Fishing line, on hand or $1
- A needle, on hand
Total: $2 and up
I recommend using Goop glue or epoxy on this project to make sure the snakes stick to the shoes really well. Hot glue will NOT work.
How to Make Snake Flip-Flops:
1. Glue plastic snake toys onto flip-flops as desired, using Amazing Goop glue or epoxy. Allow to dry for a few minutes until snakes are set in place.
2. Secure snake toys to sandals using fishing line and a needle. Wrap and knot the fishing line around the snakes in several places to add extra security to the snake toys.
3. Wait until glue is completely dry and cured, according to package instructions.