‘Tis the Season to get ugly… with an ugly christmas sweater, that is! I was challenged to create an already-ugly sweater from UglyChristmasSweater.com into an even more ugly creation. I couldn’t say no to the challenge! Here I am modeling the ugly sweater BEFORE I got ugly-crafty with it. Also, dig the dollar store decorations in the front yard. I know how to get ugly, y’all!
I have to admit how happy I am that ugly Christmas sweaters are “a thing” now. I even bought an Ugly Christmas Sweater cookie decorating kit.
Uglify a Christmas Sweater With Dollar Store Stuff!
- A sweater, on hand
- Elf doll, $1
- Dollar store Christmas stocking, $1
- Additional embellishments, as desired
- Embroidery thread and needle (or hot glue)
Total: $2 and up
1. Start with a sweater (find one in your closet or at the thrift store), and add the least attractive dollar store Christmas decorations you can find.
I used an Elf doll and a felt Christmas stocking. And I turned my sweater inside-out to give it more of a Cosby Sweater vibe.
2. Sew or glue the objects to your sweater. I sewed mine with embroidery thread and a running stitch (so I can remove them and re-decorate my sweater every year!).
I sewed the Elf to the stomach of the sweater because I am pregnant and my original concept was to make an elf in utero (Christmas light umbilical cord, anyone?) I left the stocking open at the top so I can insert goodies before I go to my holiday parties… who wants a candy cane?
Giveaway: One Ugly Christmas Sweater from UglyChristmasSweater.com
Need an ugly sweater? Look no further than UglyChristmasSweater.com, who is providing one lucky winner with an Ugly Sweater of their choice!
To enter, log in to the widget below (you can use your Facebook account, or sign up for an account with Rafflecopter to log in).