You know what I love more than candy canes? Fake candy canes! I used candy cane ornaments to create a cute heart candy cane wreath for just a few bucks. I love how cheerful this wreath is! You can use it as-is or add it to another wreath as an embellishment.
The dollar store usually sells fake candy cane ornaments each holiday season, and they come in packs of 8. You can also use real candy canes, but they aren’t as sturdy, and are susceptible to the elements (and to sugar-seeking pests… ants or children, for example!).
- 18 candy cane ornaments, $3
- 8 small candy canes, $1 for a package
- Single starlight mint (or other embellishment), on hand or $1 for a package
- Hot glue, on hand
- Ribbon for hanging, on hand or $1
Total: $4 and up
How to Make a Candy Cane Heart Wreath
1. Glue two candy cane ornaments together at the top and bottom, using hot glue. Repeat until you have 9 hearts.
2. Arrange candy cane hearts in a circle, and glue together at the bottoms and along the sides of each heart.
3. Make several small hearts with the small candy canes. Arrange in a small wreath configuration and glue together.
4. Glue small heart wreath on center of large heart wreath. Glue a starlight mint to the center of the small wreath, if desired.
Note: we used a starlight mint sticker instead!
5. Tie or glue a ribbon onto the top, and you’re done! We used a red velvet ribbon we had on hand.
These wreaths look striking when placed over a greenery wreath.
But they also look charming when hung all by themselves.
Or you can layer the wreath on top of other holiday decorations. Love it with my thrifted sled!