(Our food contributor Stacy from Fancy Shanty brings us another phenomenal recipe today!)
We like to kick off the new school year with a sweet and special treat for the teachers and staff to say welcome back, we missed you! This Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownie recipe will surely score points galore making you the number one mom at school, plus it tastes great with a morning cup of coffee. (Doesn’t everyone eat chocolate for breakfast?)
Brownies are inexpensive and easy to make, and are the perfect gift idea for individuals and groups alike. You can serve a batch of brownies to a large group on a colorful serving platter from your favorite discount store, or wrap individual brownies in a plastic candy bag with a personalized gift tag created a homemade gift everyone will love.
Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Recipe
This smooth and fudgy brownie recipe is quick and easy to make. To enhance the deep, rich flavor or dark chocolate, add a touch of instant espresso powder and taste what a difference it makes – your chocolate will sing!
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a double broiler over simmering water. Stir until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Lets mixture sit for a few minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and optional instant espresso powder until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.