Stacy from Fancy Shanty is with us again today to share another phenomenal food post!
One of our favorite summer bucket list activities to do is make s’mores, but we don’t make your ordinary s’mores. Oh no! It’s either go big or go home when it comes to s’more making at our house, and today I’m sharing our Ultimate Summer S’mores Party Ideas, so you too can make your kids summer vacation one to remember for years to come.
Ultimate Summer S’mores Party Ideas
S’mores have become a staple dessert during summer vacation, and with all the flavor possibilities it’s hard to find a person who doesn’t have their own personalized recipe for their favorite summer dessert.
Kid’s love to be independent and add their own personal touches to every thing they do. This summer, why not give kids the opportunity to create their own signature s’mores recipes with their favorite candy bars and chocolate.
Dollar Tree makes it easy to throw a fun, colorful summer s’mores party for kids with their Summer Fun tableware collection. All the color coordinate beautifully so you can mix and match for a fun and festive party tablescape.
Ultimate Summer S’mores Party Recipe Ideas
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Bars
- Assorted Candy Bars, Chocolates, and Cookies
- Wooden Skewers
- Add 1-2 marshmallows on a wooden skewer and roast until golden brown. Let sit until cool to the touch.
- Place marshmallow on 1/2 a graham cracker and add 1/2 a chocolate bar.
- Add additional candy bars and chocolates, then top with another 1/2 graham cracker and smash together. Enjoy!
Quick tip: If you’re throwing a large s’mores party, roast marshmallows under a broiler for about 20-30 seconds per side. Watch them carefully though, they can burn fast.
Some of our favorite candy bars and cookies to add include Hershey, Ghiradelli Chocolate Covered Caramel Squares, Fudge Covered Mint Oreo Cookies, Oreo Cookies, Andes Mints and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
These mini (shot) cups from Dollar Tree are perfect for holding individual topping kids can add to their s’mores. We love adding Pop Rocks, Nerds, and Fun Dip for added flavor and pucker factor.
The first combination of the night from my chocolate mint lover. The Fudge Covered Mint Oreo, Andes Mint, Hershey’s Chocolate S’more.
Next up, the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Hershey’s Chocolate Bar S’mores.
Seriously, what kid doesn’t love an ooey, gooey s’mores dessert on a hot summer night!
You can make a s’more out of any ingredients you love. Try adding bacon for a savory s’more, or sliced hot peppers for a s’more with a bit of a kick. You can every create a more savory s’more with a wheat cracker, prosciutto, and goat cheese.
Here are a few of our favorite Ultimate Summer S’mores Flavor Combinations:
- Salted Caramel – Graham Cracker, Chocolate Covered Caramel Square, Sea Salt, Marshmallow
- The Samoa – Graham Cracker, Chocolate Covered Caramel Square, Toasted Coconut, Marshmallow
- The Nutty Buddy – Graham Cracker, Peanut Butter Cup, Marshmallow
- The Grasshopper – Graham Cracker, Mint Chocolate Square, Marshmallow
- Triple Chocolate S’mores – Chocolate Graham Cracker, Dark Chocolate Square, Chocolate Marshmallow
- Chocolate Covered Banana S’mores – Graham Cracker, Chocolate, Banana, Marshmallow
- Strawberry Nutella S’mores – Graham Crackers, Nutella, Strawberry, Marshmallow
What’s your favorite s’more recipe?
Looking for even more summer fun? Check out these great ideas to keep the whole family entertained!