A sweet little place setting can add so much personality to your Thanksgiving table, and place settings can even double as activities for your dinner guests. Some thoughtful homemade place settings and just the right DIY centerpiece can really make Thanksgiving supper feel a lot more special.
1. Pilgrim Napkin Rings – These simple napkin rings are simple enough to make with kids but don’t look like a kid craft when they’re done.
2. Thankful Placemats – My favorite part of Thanksgiving is going around the table saying what we are all thankful for. Save those lovely sentiments by incorporating them into your Thanksgiving table!
3. Gratitude Place Cards – These wine cork place cards are another “what I’m thankful for” place setting idea. Each person can write their thoughts on the back. No forgetting who wrote what!
4. Silver Platter Chalkboards – OK, I know that these say Merry Christmas, but the beauty of these is that you can personalize the message for the Thanksgiving table or any other special event! Hit the thrift for an eclectic mix of platters, and you can set one at each place.
5. Scrabble Place Cards – This is another fun chalkboard place setting idea that’s easy to customize.
6. Candlestick Places – Are there some family members who you wish could be at the table? This is such a sweet, clever way to include loved ones that you’re missing.
7. Book Page Feathers – Tuck a personalized paper feather into your napkin rings at each place at your Thanksgiving table.
8. Pumpkin Place Settings – Are you sad that Halloween is over, because now you have no excuse to buy tiny pumpkins? Be glum no more! You need them for your Thanksgiving table.
9. Grocery Bag Napkin Rings – I love the layered look of these simple, recycled napkin rings that double as place cards.
10. Minimalist Thanskgiving Table Setting – Tuck your silverware into these little envelopes and invite your guests to write down what they’re thankful for.