Rustic altered art was my inspiration this month as I created two new tutorials for the Live.Craft.Love blog! I had so much fun making Altered Art Angels and a Rustic Country Tin Wreath. Both projects featured natural materials, rustic tin accents, and ribbon, as well as an inspirational fall color palette.
Altered Art Angels – Project Materials:
- Abaca Angels.
- Assorted ribbon.
- Rustic tin maple leaves.
- Rustic metal stars (tin folk stars or assorted 3D mini stars).
- Rustic tin folk hearts.
- Steampunk charms (I used keys and hearts & bows).
- Paper flower embellishments.
- Mini crochet doily embellishments.
- Wooden craft sticks.
- Paper in a matching color scheme.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
Rustic Tin Fall Wreath — Project Materials
- Darice 12″ Wire Wreath Form
- Burlap Ribbon or Burlap Strips
- 9 Darice Rusted Candle Tins
- 1 package 1.5″ Darice Rusty Folk Hearts (3 hearts)
- 1 package 2″ Darice Rusted Tin Mini Stars (3 stars)
- 1 package Darice Rustic Tin Maple Leaves (3 leaves needed)
- 2+ Colors of Contrasting Cardstock
- Tinsel Stems (I used red and gold)
- Assorted Ribbon (I used crocheted lace ribbon and glitter-flocked velvet ribbon)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Scissors & Pencil
- 2″ Circle Punch (optional)