Vintage button jewelry is nothing new, but every time I look at Pinterest, I run across folks taking new, fun spins on this classic craft idea. The tutes below range from classic to funky, so there are button jewelry ideas here for everyone!
1. Wire-Wrapped Necklace – Cindy from Craftsy shares a simple tute for turning vintage buttons into sweet little pendants with a little basic wire wrapping.
2. Designer Button Earrings – This tute from Hocus Kocis uses a cool spraypaint technique to show off carved details on a pair of buttons.
3. Cluster Ring – Blackbirds and Bumblebees combines vintage buttons and a vintage ring. And it’s lovely!
4. Lace + Button Earrings – Make these pretty statement earrings over at Cut Out + Keep.
5. Statement Necklace – Born in ’82 uses vintage buttons and felt to make a beautiful statement necklace.
6. Rings and Matching Bangles – Oh Dear Angie shows you how to make a matching vintage button jewelry set: ring and bangles!
7. Nail Polish Ring – Grab the biggest vintage button you can find, and use this cool splatter technique to make a bright, modern ring.
8. Button Cuff – A shirt cuff plus vintage buttons makes a surprisingly chic bracelet. Get the tute from Pearls and Scissors.
9. Button Stud Earrings – Do you have a particularly cute pair of vintage buttons? Shabby Kitteh shows you how to show them off with a simple pair of handmade studs.
10. Stacked Button Ring – What I love about this tute from Frieda Fliegenpilz is that you don’t need a ring blank to do it.