Don’t you love the look of a nice set of bookends? Of course, they keep your books from falling over, but they can also turn a boring shelf into a sweet vignette. These are some simple DIY bookends that you can make!
1. Quotation Marks – A Beautiful Mess made these from cardboard, but I bet that you could make a slightly smaller version from old cereal and frozen pizza boxes.
2. Phones – This is another clever bookend idea from A Beautiful Mess. What can I say? These ladies know bookends!
3. Recycled Knick Knack Bookends – I love this idea from Design Sponge, because you can really hit the thrift for any set of quirky items and turn them into cute bookends.
4. Terrariums – Insideways uses a basic terrarium tute and turns them into bookends by…using them as bookends. The genius is in the simplicity.
5. Glam Bookends – Add a little bling to your bookshelf with this tute from Refinery 29.
6. Animal Book Ends – Do you have any cute animal figurines lying around? Love Grows Wild shows you how to turn them into cute bookends.
7. License Plates – Not sure what to do with your old plates? Fun in the Making shows you how to turn them into bookends in one step!
8. Fa-brick – Button Hook proves that a fabric-wrapped brick makes a surprisingly sweet bookend.
9. Picture Frames – Grab a pair of old picture frames and use Landeelu’s instructions for making them into bookends. She uses a matched pair, but I think mis-matched frames painted the same color would look cool, too.
10. Gold Giraffes – This Damask Love tutorial uses die-cut giraffes layered with Mod Podge to make bookends that would look super sweet in a kid’s room.