Spring! Spring! Spring! Something about a change in seasons always makes me rethink every decor choice I’ve made in every room of my house. Adding some new wall art is a budget-friendly way to change the mood of a room without changing the entire room. Here are 10 recycled ideas to deck your walls.
1. Shoebox Art – Save those old shoeboxes to create cool wall art with a tute from Creme de la Craft!
2. Anything Herringbone Painting – The beauty of this project from While They Snooze is that you can use whatever you have handy as your canvas. Old cardboard, scrap wood, pressboard from some broken IKEA furniture…use what you have, and this wall art is dirt cheap.
3. Flatware Art – Hit the flea market or thrift store for mismatched plates and silverware to create cool wall art like Knick of Time.
4. Pallet Art – Little Bits Of created this as a faux headboard, but you could use the same technique for a pretty piece of pallet wall art.
5. Scrap Wood Art – Design Build Love has a great tute for turning a mix of scrap wood into a cohesive piece of recycled wall art.
6. Recycled Canvas Art – Thrift stores are packed with bad hotel art. Kristi’s Paintbrush shows you how to turn an ugly piece of art into something chic and modern.
7. Postcard Collage – Do you have a box full of postcards from friends and family? How About Orange has a simple tute for turning them into a gorgeous conversation piece for your wall.
8. Framed Scarf – Another thrift store project. Get yourself a pretty scarf, then follow Honey Sweet Home’s simple instructions for transforming it into wall art.
9. Ombre Art – Get yourself a piece of scrap wood and try Sarah Hearts’ simple technique for turning it into typographic ombre wall art.
10. Quote Art – This is another cool typographic art idea, this time from Six2Eleven. Raid your recycle bin for some old magazines to cut up for this one!