Has all of this terrible winter weather got you gazing longingly out the window, dreaming of spring? Add a little bit of spring cheer to your decor with some pops of color on your windows. We’ve got ideas for decorating the glass itself plus cool DIY window dressings.
1. Faux Stained Glass – Turn any window into a “stained glass” window with A Beautiful Mess’s instructions.
2. Tissue Paper Stars – Who says window hangings are just for kids? I love this modern, vibrant window star from Brass Tacks and Basics.
3. Bunting, Y’all – Is there a decor problem that bunting can’t solve? Look how great Young House Love’s looks hanging in her window!
4. Hanging Vases – You can use fresh or faux flowers to bring a little spring into your window. Pretty Handy Girl shows you how to turn glass bottles into hanging window vases.
5. DIY Roman Shades – Grab some yardage and make these sweet shades with a tute from A Squared Creations.
6. Ombre Ikat Curtains – Let the sun shine in! Classy Clutter turned cheap white curtains into eye-catching painted window dressings.
7. Stenciled Curtains – Turn your boring old curtains into something special. Balancing Home shares how to transform your curtains with stencils and fabric paint.
8. No-Sew Draped Valance – Maybe you love your curtains. Keep em! You can use a valence to add a little bit of interest without changing your existing window. And One Crafty Momma did it without sewing a stitch.
9. DIY Box Valance – A cheapo metal hanging rod and Heat and Bond are Bon Bon Rose Girls’ secrets behind this structured, no-sew window valance.
10. Cafe Curtains – These add cheer to a high, narrow window, like the one above your kitchen counter. Woman’s Day had a simple how-to for making a custom set of cafe curtains.