Summer is officially here. Has the hot weather done a number on your garden? I don’t have any tips on helping your plants survive a heat wave, but I can show you how to make your garden look cute with things that don’t need watering and can’t die. Because they’re not plants. Hello, homemade yard accessories!
1. Bottle Waterer that’s Actually Cute – Using an old glass bottle for drip watering is nothing new, but this tutorial takes that old idea and makes it look good.
2. Hose Rug – Do you have a hose in the shed that’s got a hole in it? Turn it into an outdoor rug!
3. Garden Toadstools – Old wooden bowls make the cutest tops for a garden toadstool.
4. Plastic Bottle Hedgehog – An old two-liter and some twine are the main ingredients for making this cute hedgehog planter.
5. Glass Plate Flowers – Get some boring glass plates from the thrift store and turn them into eye-catching, sun-catching DIY garden art.
6. Solar Chandelier – Light up your next garden party with an old chandelier turned new and useful again.
7. Painted Stones– Collect rocks from the garden and paint them to make cute garden art or plant row markers.
8. Patterned Stones – Use a paint pen to draw repeating patterns on your stones. They’re so cool-looking!
9. Broken Dish Pavers – Did you chip your favorite bowl or plate? Use the pieces to make a pretty piece of DIY garden art.
10. Water Bottle Dragonflies – Wouldn’t these look cute all over a fence or the side of a shed?