Why spend a fortune on bath and body products when it’s so easy to make them at home using items you have in your pantry? I found this fancy pink Himalayan sea salt at my local discount home store for just a few bucks, so I created this fantastic Himalayan Salt Scrub Recipe. Because Himalayan sea salt has such a pretty pink color (not to mention all those sea salt minerals), it makes a great base for a bath and body scrub. This refreshing Himalayan sea salt & honey body scrub is a great way to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin all at once.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click the links and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage commission from the sale, at no additional cost to you.
Himalayan Sea Salt & Honey Body Scrub Supplies Needed:
- 2 cups of fine grind Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Bowl & spoon
- Microwavable glass measuring cup
- A container for the finished scrub
I got the cute glass container for this project at the dollar store. You can find coconut oil at the grocery store, and the Himalayan sea salt online. I love this Himalayan Salt Scrub recipe because it softens your skin, exfoliates dead skin, and the honey is a humectant, which draws moisture to your skin.
What is Himalayan Sea Salt?
Himalayan sea salt is a salt that is mined from a region in Pakistan, and is known for its pink color (which it gets from the presence of iron oxide where it is mined). Himalayan sea salt is not processed as much as table salt, and for this reason, is often available in coarse crystal form. It contains as many as 84 additional trace minerals and in body scrub form, it is helpful for exfoliation, increasing circulation, and soothing tired muscles.
Did you know?
Himalayan sea salt is also available in other interesting forms:
- Himalayan salt slabs: These are used for cooking food, chilling food, and for a pretty presentation of food.
- Himalayan sea salt lamps: A large chunk of pink Himalayan sea salt that is hollowed inside to allow a light bulb to shine through the salt. These are pretty home decor accents, and some people believe they can help purify the air.
- Himalayan salt chunks: A large chunk of salt, which can be grated onto food as needed, using a fine grater.
1. Measure Ingredients
First, measure 2 cups of fine Himalayan sea salt into your mixing bowl.
2. Melt Oil
Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil in the microwave, using a pourable glass measuring cup. (It takes one minute in my microwave).
Add 1 Tablespoon of honey to the oil, and mix it together as well as you can.
Pour the oil-honey mixture into the salt you measured into the bowl.
3. Mix Ingredients Together
Mix all three ingredients together thoroughly.
4. Package Prepared Salt Scrub
Now all you have left to do is package it up! Put the prepared Himalayan salt scrub into a pretty container, like this pint mason jar I got at the dollar store.
More Body Scrub Recipes: