Nail art is all the rage right now, but going to a professional salon can get pricey. Lately we’ve been featuring a few DIY nail art tutorials here at DSC, so I thought I’d scour the web for some more tutorials to help get you inspired. Hopefully after trying all of these tutorials, you’ll come up with some of your own to share with us! Tutorials marked with *** mean that you should use regular nail polish instead of quick-dry, otherwise the technique will not work properly.
- Try Out These 3 Easy Nail-Art Designs by Refinery 29 [Pictured] ***
I love the ombre technique pictured above. Think of all the color combinations that would work together!
- Nail Art Tutorial: Gradient Sponge Technique by EBeauty Blog ***
This tutorial shows you how to create gradients using make-up sponges. The possibilities with this technique are endless!
- Christmas Ornament Inspired Nails by Ask Me Whats ***
I really like her sponge technique here. This tutorial was later published in a beauty magazine, so go try it yourself!
- Tie-Dye Nail Art by NAILS Magazine ***
This is part of their Easy Nail Art for Newbies Article. If you liked the marble look, you’ll love the tie-dye look as well!
- DIY Turkey Day Nail Art Guide by Refinery 29
Refinery 29 provides us with three more nail art techniques, these are just in time for Thanksgiving.
- Fimo Nail Art Tutorial by EBeauty Blog
You read right – you can use thin slices of Fimo clay to decorate your nails. Who would have guessed?!
- Frilly French Nails by NAILS Magazine ***
This tutorial says to use gel, but I’m sure regular nail polish would work just fine.
- Nail Art Tutorials by Cutepolish You Tube Channel
This You Tube channel has tons of nail art tutorials. From handlebar mustaches for Mowvember to back-to-school notebook paper designs, you’ll spend lots of time watching the videos.
- 5 Easy but Beautiful Nail Art Tutorials from Youtube by Goddess of the World
I love the splatter paint tutorial, even though I’m sure I’d make a GIANT mess!
Previous DSC Nail Art Tutorials
- Easy DIY Nail Art Templates
- Tutorial: Marbled Nail Polish
- Simple Nail Tutorial: Zebra Stripes
- Simple Nail Design: Flower Tutorial
- Make Newspaper Nails
Do you have any tips, tricks or tutorials you’d like to share with us? Post them in the comments below! Also, follow my Nail Art Pinterest board. As I find cool Nail Art, I will “pin” them there, so keep checking for cool techniques!