Let’s face it: being a mom is one of the hardest jobs around! So many motherly duties are taken for granted and are under-appreciated. This year, let your mom know why she’s appreciated with this gift that will keep her feeling loved all year ’round (especially if her love language is “words of affirmation”)*. This dry-erase memo board is a cinch to make, and can be customized any way you like! I love that the board prompts you to list the reasons why you love your mom!
I made this memo board using materials I got in my secret stash swap with Alison from How Does She? She sent the vinyl slogan that says “Reasons We Love You!” and I thought it was a perfect jumping off point for a Mother’s Day gift for my mom. The paper lace embellishments, the background paper, and the brown ribbon also came in her care package. If you don’t have access to custom vinyl for this project, never fear! You can print or write the phrase on the paper underneath the glass, and it will work just as well! [update: see what I sent Alison and what she made with it]
You can find an 8×10 frame like this at the dollar store, or use one from your stash.
- Frame, $1
- Pretty paper, $.25 and up or on hand
- Embellishments, on hand
- Dry-erase marker, $1
- Craft glue, on hand
Total: $2 and up
1. Cut out vinyl slogan using Cricutor other similar product. Apply vinyl slogan to front of photo frame glass. Alternately: print or write slogan on scrapbooking paper. (Note: Alison posted some tips on buying vinyl, if you need them).
2. Put pretty paper in frame. Tip: be sure the paper isn’t too busy, because a strong pattern will interfere with readability on your dry-erase board.
3. Paint frame if desired, and apply embellishments to frame. I used lace and ric rack, but you can go wild and do just about anything for this step! Keep your mom’s decor and taste in mind when you do this part!
4. When you give it to your mom, be sure to include a dry-erase marker and write a message on the board!
p.s. Sorry for the spoiler, Mom! xoxo
*more about my thoughts on words of affirmation in this post: Deck of Cards Love Book