Most parents will admit that kids are usually more intrigued by packing materials than the items that come inside them. This impressive slope-roofed dream cottage was made out of a barbecue-sized box. I just love that this playhouse has such mid-century modern character, and that it cost basically nothing to make from recycled materials. The full instructions are over at Mom’s Daily Adventures. [how to make a cardboard playhouse] [via]
If you don’t have a ginormous cardboard box on hand, you can also make it out of white foam core board like in this foam core playhouse.
- Oversized cardboard box, on hand
- Box cutter/Utility knife with sharp blade, $1 or on hand
- Ruler for cutting straight lines, on hand
- Tape measure, on hand or $1
- Packing tape or duct tape, on hand or $1 and up
Total: FREE and up